Wednesday, January 17, 2024

The Haunted Lamp

 My haunted lamp finally has a pretty shade! 



I purchased this lamp from a friend years ago. The first time I plugged it in it shocked the  shit out of me and nearly caused a fire! It would also blink the lights periodically. I decided to go ahead  and cut off the wiring because I will need to retire this lamp eventually. 

The story on the history of the lamp was that it supposedly came from a Freemasons lodge. I have no way of knowing if that’s true but it certainly is a unique lamp. It has a little devil ( or Djinn) that sits on the top off the lamp and it’s made of solid brass. I think it would have come with a glass shade originally but I bought it with an ugly fabric shade which I immediately took off. 

I decided this neglected lamp needed a revamp and searched for a perfect lamp shade to recover. It took a while but I finally found a good candidate at the thrift store. The shade was originally white so I used that for the base. I covered the shade in black velvet and hand stitched it in place. I added gimp, beads, and fringe to finish it off. I’m really pleased with the results. 

The lamp still needs to be properly wired but it’s pretty cute now! 




No comments:

Post a Comment