Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Making a Retro Velvet Dress

Watch me make a new velvet dress! 




I decided to make my own version of a dress I saw online this past week. The original dress was short and had an embroidered cross at the neck. 


One of the main reasons I started sewing in the first place was to make unique clothes or make something that would normally be too expensive to buy. Sometimes you see a dress in a magazine or online and think I could make that but I want it a little different and better quality.  

I made this dress with a good quality stretch black velvet and white ruffle trim. I made the skirt a little longer than the original so it hits just above the knee. I wanted to add a charm at the neck but I needed to be able to remove it for washing. So I added the charm with a D ring and a lobster clasp. 

I love the final look and will wear this dress often! 













No comments:

Post a Comment